Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Watermelon Margaritas

I rallied Sunday afternoon and made fresh watermelon margaritas with chips, strawberry salsa, and guacamole before we kicked off our day in sunny Venice, CA.  

I am always researching new lime juices to use at home for margaritas.  I dislike sour mixes.  I tried Califia lemon limeade juice.  It has a refreshing taste, it's local to southern California.  It's a much thinner consistency than a lime juice or sour mix, which I really liked.  You don't use that much anyway.  Next, I took a half of a mini watermelon, and juiced it.  

I just filled up my glasses with ice, added 2 ounces of white tequila, home made organic simple syrup, lemon limeade, and watermelon juice.  I shook it vigorously.  Just fantastic, delicious and fresh.  

I decorated my table, with my bar shaker, cocktail mermaids, cute bar napkins.  It's important to decorate your table for better ambiance.  

Pairing the margaritas with the salsa and guacamole was a perfect start to a perfect Sunday Funday with great friends!



http://www.startender.iconosites.com/
www.califiafarms.com


No comments:

Post a Comment